Couch Worms 0.75 Released
The new 0.75 version is ready to be played. I fixed a bunch of bugs, and improved performance.
Performance: The blood caused a bunch of performance issues before, later I'm planning to use the particles to create blood splatters on the background. To speed things up I create a blood pool on the beginning of every map, and the blood is being activated and placed to the correct position from there whenever and wherever is needed. This way I can control more firmly how much blood is allowed at a time to be present on the screen, and no more slowdowns from instantiating the instances.
- I created quite a few new levels, and reworked the already existing ones.
- New textures on the platforms, and there are now backgrounds on every level.
- Every new map generates a color palette on the start, so it feels like there are more backgrounds than a few, and the plarforms will be modified based on that palette too
- New type of platforms moving/rotating ones, plus there are these same types with spikes attached to it so it's doubled.
- Easier control of the worms when the head is below it's own body.
There are a bunch of other small stuff, so it's much more playable than the last version.
If you give it a try, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Get Couch Worms
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.